Adopt a COCKATOO Parrot and pick up at Airport.
Welcome to Your Cockatoo Kings. If you are interested in any of our Cockatoo parrots (Major Mitchell, Moluccan, Rose Breasted, Umbrella) on our website and live too far to drive down and pick up the parrot in person, then we can make the arrangements for you to have your parrot on a next or same day delivery. The parrot will be shipped to the closest airport near you or hand delivered to you home. Delivery prices are per county, region or country. In most cases the parrot will arrive within 6-10 hours within the US and 72 hours max international delivery from the departure time. However, sometimes delays do occur due to weather or checking, so check the flight with the airline before you leave your home to go to the airport.
General airline Requirements
– The Parrot must be at least 8 weeks old.
– Must be accompanied with a veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate
– Some airlines have restrictions for temperature and will check destination and arrival flight temperature forecasts.
Cost of Shipping via airline
1. veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate Approx
2. Cost of Travel Kennel (depends on size of crate)
3. Airfreight is determined by the weight of the Parrot and the weight/size of the Crate (Larger/heavier and older parrots can cost more)
SAME DAY DELIVERY IN USA
International Customers contact us for a quote
If you decide to have any of our Cockatoo parrots shipped to you, we will need the following information:
1. Your full name, that you have I.D. for, you will need to show this at the airport cargo desk when you pick up your bird.
2. The full name of someone else who also has I.D., as a back up person for pickup so they can pick up your bird, if in case of an emergency you are unable.
3. Your physical address, it cannot be a post office box
4. Phone numbers that you can easily be reached at, preferably at least two numbers.
5. The name of the COUNTY that you live in
6. The name of the airport that you prefer your parrot to arrive at, and the name of an optional airport
7. Which Cockatoo Parrot Specie (Major Mitchell, Moluccan, Rose Breasted, Umbrella) you are interested in (Age).
How to Track your Parrots Flight
You will find your Parrots flight information in an email or Text messages from us with the subject “Parrots Flight Info”. Below you will find links to track your Parrots flight and to look up your shipping process, duration and cargo facility. Make sure you track your Parrots flight prior to you going to the airport in case of a delay/change. Typically your bird will be ready for pick up about 30-45 minutes after their arrival time.
– DELTA CARGO (If Tracking # begins with 006-xxxxxxxx)
– American Airline CARGO (If tracking # begins with 001-xxxxxxxx)
– UNITED Airlines CARGO (If tracking # begins with 016-xxxxxxxx)
Shipping nowadays has been made super simple. With so many pet delivery services and airlines available to help in the delivery of your bird for pick up either at the airport cargo section or pet delivery service brings your bird at your home address.
If your bird is shipped, you will be provided a Tracking Number so you know exactly when to expect your bird to arrive either at the pick up airport (Cargo Section) or to wait for the bird to be delivered right at your home address.
We on our part, ensure that we better serve you by making sure that your bird is shipped with high standards couriers and making use of these services to ensure that your bird is safely delivered to your location (Address). Your bird will arrive with the Travel Crate, shot records, 2 years health Guarantee, some toys and food. Your bird would be shipped with an approved courier with cold water and some food.
Shipping is done within 12 hours. So therefore, your bird will be with you on the same day which is safe and less stressful for your bird. If the bird do travel in the cargo area, however, it is pressurised and at the same temperature and has the same air filtered in as the passengers breathe. Having shipped African Greys for over 7 years, we have never had a negative incident.
Since shipping takes just a few hours, your bird won’t take long to be with you. The bird arrive healthy, super active and excited to meet their new owners. The courier services take great care of the bird during shipping and ensures it’s care for and regularly attended, fed and given a drink of water. Generally Shipping is like a vacation for your bird and a wonderful experience as well.
If you choose the option of picking up your bird at the airport then you have to go to the assigned designated arrival airport, with your ID and your Tracking number. So you could sign and clear the receiving papers for the bird and you can take your bird home.
If you choose the option for home delivery, you will have to keep track of your bird and be at home at the provided estimated time of arrival at your home address. So you can sign delivery papers of your bird as you take your bird indoors to your family.
Safe and Comfortable Shipping process
Cockatoos aren’t vases or art supplies, so when you hear that he or she can be shipped to you, your first reaction is probably shock. Before you panic, get that picture of cardboard boxes and foam peanuts out of your mind! Shipping birds are usually quite safe and any airlines or trucking companies that take live animals have procedures in place to be sure they arrive in good health.
Airlines will either ship birds in the cargo compartment which sounds a bit callous and scary, but is actually fairly safe and comfortable for the birds, especially if there is no need for a layover or cargo transfer or the bird to be stowed under the passenger’s seat in lieu of carry on luggage. This is probably the safest mode of air travel.
We always give all our birds a vaccine prior to shipping to avoid the chances of other pets infecting them.
Adopt a Cockatoo Parrot today!